The sketchy hour brings together body performers and sketch enthusiasts to create art and mingle in unique spaces. Created for those who doesn't go outside without their sketch book and those who enjoy learning - grab a paper, pen and join us! No skills needed just curiosity.
THE PRINCIPLES - Inspired by )'(
1. Radical inclusion. Anyone may be a part of it. We welcome and respect the stranger. No prerequisites exist for participation in ourcommunity. The number of attendees is limited only by thesize of the space.
2. Participation. We believe that transformative change, whether in theindividual or in society, can occur only through the mediumof deeply personal participation. We achieve being throughdoing. Everyone is invited to sketch. Everyone is invitedto play. We make the world real through sketches andactions that open the heart.
3. Leaving no trace. Leaving no physical trace of our activities wherever we gather. We clean up after ourselves and whenever possible,to leave such places in a better state than when we foundthem.
This is Art - Burning man 2013
The sketchy hour takes place the 1st of the month every other month at unique spaces. The exact secret location is reviled toparticipants a week before the event. Body artists (e.g dancer, magician, body builder...) perform for 1 hour split in two 25 min sketching sessions + 10 min break in between.
• 25 min fast sketching3 to 5 minutes poses
• • 10 min fika (Swedish for a coffee break)
• • • 25 min slow sketching5 to 10 minutes poses
THE SKETCHY HOUR - Skissernas Museum 2018
THE SKETCHY HOUR - Jolans Keramik Ateljé 2019
THE SKETCHY HOUR - Krognoshuset Museum 2020